Complete the steps described in the rest of this page, and in about five minutesyou'll have automatically created a Google Form based on data in a spreadsheet,then set it up to email Google Calendar invites and a personalized Google Doc toeveryone who responds.
Set it up
- Make a copy of the sample spreadsheetApps Script Quickstart: Managing responses for Google Forms.
- From within your new spreadsheet, select the menu itemTools > Script editor. If you are presented with a welcome screen, clickBlank Project.
- Rename the
Replace any code in the
forms.gsfile with the code below:
Qt was created with the idea of removing this boilerplate code and providing a nice and clean syntax, and the signal and slots mechanism is the answer. Signals and slots Instead of having observable objects and observers, and registering them, Qt provides two high level concepts: signals and slots. This basic tutorial will show you how to create your first script (A basic Rapid Fire Script) and how it could be expanded on. Load Cronus PRO and go to the File Dropdown menu and select New and then Empty File. Either type or copy and paste the following code into the GPC code editor within Cronus PRO.
- Select the menu item File > Save. Name your new script and click OK.
Those macros just use the preprocessor to convert the parameter into a string, and add a code in front. In debug mode we also annotate the string with the file location for a warning message if the signal connection did not work. This was added in Qt 4.5 in a compatible way. Stamina is very important in Code Vein - without it, you can't dodge, move faster and, of course, attack. Always remember to leave a small portion of the stamina bar. Don't use it all - it will regenerate faster in this way. When you use everything, stamina will take longer.
Format dates and set locale
The sample spreadsheet uses the U.S. date format (mm/dd/yyyy). To ensure that the examples work correctly in your locale, you may need to:
- Select File > Spreadsheet settings.
- Set the correct locale and time zone. Click Save settings.
- Reformat the dates in the spreadsheet to your local format. For example, in the UK you should use dd/mm/yyyy.
Try it out
Code Vein Tutorial Add To Quick Slots
- Switch back to your spreadsheet and reload the page.
- After a few seconds, a new custom menu, Conference, will appear. Click itand select Set up conference.
- A dialog box will appear and tell you that the script requires authorization.Click Continue. A second dialog box will then request authorization forspecific Google services. Read the notice carefully, then click Allow.
- The script will take a few seconds to run. You'll know it's completewhen the yellow bar at the top of the screen disappears.
- The Conference menu will now be gone, but you will see a new Formmenu instead. Click it and select Go to live form.
- Fill out the form to indicate which sessions you'd like to attend at thisfictional conference. If you have more than one Google account, use adifferent email address for this form than the account you used to create thescript. (You don't need to log in to the second account; just type in theemail address at the top.) When you're done, click Submit.
Code Vein Tutorial Guide
See the results
- Open your GoogleCalendar and navigate to the conference dates: May 15 and 16, 2013.You'll see an event for each session. If you used a different email addresswhen you responded to the form, that address will have been invited as aguest for the sessions you selected.
- Open your GoogleDrive. You'll see a new Google Doc that lists the sessions you selected.If you used a different email address when you responded to the form, thataddress will be listed as an editor. Users other than the script ownerwill find a copy of the document in theirSharedwith me view.
- Try sharing the link to the form with other people. As they respond, you'llsee the Google Calendar invites and Google Doc itineraries start to add up.If you were organizing a real conference, think about how much time thiswould save!
Code Vein Tutorial Add To Quick Slot
That's it! With only a small amount of code, you've added a custom menu item,programmatically built a Google Form, created Google Calendar events, and tolda script to send Calendar invites and personalized Google Docs on your behalf.
To continue learning about how to extend Google Forms, Calendar, and Docs withApps Script, take a look at the following resources: