Gambling with Your Nonprofit Nonprofit leaders commonly think of grant money and tax-deductible donations when fundraising, but in many states nonprofit status allows groups to legally conduct activities that would otherwise be criminalized as illegal gambling under state law.
- Casino Grant Money For Nonprofit Organizations In Arizona State
- Casino Grant Money For Nonprofit Organizations In Arizona Today
- Casino Grant Money For Nonprofit Organizations In Arizona 2020
The Foundation provides a variety of grants for 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations. For most of these programs, we accept letters of inquiry on a quarterly basis for bold proposals that align with our mission. Please refer to individual program pages for details about eligibility and deadlines.
We are pleased to announce three new initiatives that build on the Thoma Foundation’s longstanding commitment to promoting new scholarship in our collection areas, increasing educational opportunities, and building capacity in cultural organizations. Our new Publication Grants Program supports university and museum press publishing projects that offer significant new scholarship within our collection areas. The Digital Changemaker Grant funds small or midsize organizations reimagining the role and use of technology in art and culture. Finally, our Equity Grants aim to improve the lives of young people in rural or under-resourced areas of Arizona, Illinois, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas with a focus on arts and culture, education, and community-building.
This year, applicants will be asked whether their proposal is directly COVID 19 related or addressing a social justice issue.
Casino Grant Money For Nonprofit Organizations In Arizona State
Children and Families - Grants in this category will:
- Help prevent child abuse, find permanent placements, and provide support for children in the foster care system.
- Help with emergency shelter, housing, counseling, and other services for domestic violence victims.
- Help with emergency short-term shelter and long-term affordable housing.
- Solve short-term emergency needs including personal care or hygiene items, clothing, rental or utility assistance, or disaster relief.
- Help with job training, and support under-employed youth and adults.
- Offer free or low-cost food, including food banks and kids' meal programs.
Education -Education grants will support programs that:
Casino Grant Money For Nonprofit Organizations In Arizona Today
- Enhance K-12 curriculum, including tutors and academic after-school programs.
- Provide back-to-school clothing, supplies, and food programs.
- Ensure that students graduate high school prepared for college or work.
- Support adult and family literacy programs.
Casino Grant Money For Nonprofit Organizations In Arizona 2020
Older adults: Grants in this category will support programs and services for the elderly including supportive services, assisted living services, Alzheimer’s support, access to free or low-cost in-home or congregate meal programs and nutrition assistance, and recreational services.